Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 15454


Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu My brother wants to marry a divorce after the death of his wife.She has children from her first husband. kindly clarify the following points: 1) Is the lady entitled for her share in the poperty 2) Is the children also eligible for property share 3) The rules of meher as usual?

Answer : 15454

Published on: Aug 25, 2009

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1294/1035=L/1430)


If your brother marries the divorcee and she lives till the death of your brother, she will have share in the property of your brother.

(2) Her children from her previous marriage (not from your brother) will have no share on the property of your brother.

(3) Please, explain what do you want to enquire.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question