• Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

    Question ID: 51457Country: India

    Title: Daughter's share in the properties of father

    Question: My wife has two younger brothers and an elder sister. All are married. Father is alive. But unfortunately, her mother has been expired 5 years ago. My wife wants to take her share in the property of share. She raises her demand to her father. But, her father said to her, " You are not legally entitle to take share in which properties is by my name. You may be entitled, if these properties to be your mother's name." I would like to know, my wife is entitled to take share in her father's properties or not.

    Answer ID: 51457

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 668/572/H=05/1435) Right now neither your wife not your any child has any right. However if your father-in-law wants to give something in his lifetime or he is dead then all the children who are alive that time shall be eligible for their rights as per the Shariah. He is right to say that if your mother was dead then you shall have your right in it.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India