Prayers & Duties >> Oaths & Vows

Question # : 45668


This is Imran from Pune. A couple of days back I have taken swear (KASAM) of Allah (SWT) on one thing that is "I will not talk with my parents in front of my wife" but I broken that. Now I want to pay the kaffarah for that. Can you please let me know what is the easiest way to do that.

Answer : 45668

Published on: Jul 11, 2013

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 825/647/H=1434)

(1) Feed ten poor persons two times full stomach.
(2) Or buy medium quality wheat and give each poor person 1633.00 gram.
(3) Or give the price of 1633.00 gram wheat to each one. Then your kaffarah of swearing shall be paid.

Note: And if someone does not have the capacity to do so, he should keep three fasts constantly. (N)

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question