• Social Matters >> Food & Drinks

Question ID: 1561Country: Pakistan

Title: Is eating with a hindu (office colleague) allowed in Islam? (1) Sitting on one table eating own food (2)Food cooked by a hindu (i am sure not allowed to eat as i heard it from Dr Zakir Naik ) But my friends still want to re-confirm from the authentic scholars.

Question: Is eating with a hindu (office colleague) allowed in Islam? (1) Sitting on one table eating own food (2)Food cooked by a hindu (i am sure not allowed to eat as i heard it from Dr Zakir Naik ) But my friends still want to re-confirm from the authentic scholars.

(Fatwa: 518/520=M)

(1) If you have separate meal, there is no wrong in sharing a table with a Hindu. Islam allows tolerance, rather if you eat according to sunnah with an intention to impress your colleague and invite him to Islam then you may be rewarded for the same.

(2) One should avoid eating food prepared in a Hindu house; specially the foods which doubtfully may contain haram ingredients or may be offerings of their gods, such food are haram and prohibited. Yes, you may eat the food about which you are satisfied.