Faiths & Beliefs >> Dawah & Tableeg

Question # : 21614


I have reverted to islam, al hamdu lillah. I want to legally change my religion to islam but want to keep my original name. Can i do so? Whats the process for it?

Answer : 21614

Published on: Apr 25, 2010

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 653/497/D=1431)


Thank Almighty Allah Who gifted you the wealth of Islam, and try fully to practice the obligations of Iman and Islamic rulings. Choose any Islamic name for you i.e. Talha, Zubair etc and let people call and know you by this name. As far as for the changes in official documents are concerned, consult any Muslim expert advocate, if needed you can suffix your surname Pankaj with your new name.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question