• Social Matters >> Talaq (Divorce)

    Question ID: 47991Country: Bangladesh

    Title: Nikah

    Question: I am living in Bangladesh .My marriage life is 05 years pass and I have one daughter. She is 4 years old. My relationship is not good and has so many problems in my life by my wife. So I was given Talaq-e-Bain in presence for two witnesses to my wife in Qazi Office. She filled false cases on me and my family members in our district family count. Now the court will be given solution. The case is running. That time if, I want again marriage to my previous wife. How will it be possible? Please advise me as per Shariah.

    Answer ID: 47991

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 1272/1272/M=11/1434) If you have not divorced your wife thrice and both are ready to live like husband and wife then only new nikah is enough. You should do new nikah in the presence of Shariah witnesses. There is no need of halalah. Your nikah is valid within iddah and after iddah as well. Yes, if three talaqs have taken place then nikah will not be valid without a Shariah halalah.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India