• Transactions & Dealings >> Shares & Investments

    Question ID: 54304Country: India

    Title: Business

    Question: I have invested some money in a Muslim company which is fighting against riba. The company is doing business with Gold, Textiles, Mineral Water, Food products, Granite, Fancy items, Electronic items, Interest free loans to Muslims, Hajj and Umrah services, and Ambulance services etc. We can invest the money in Gold, Textiles and Mineral water only. The company is giving profit of 40 percent to customers and the remaining 60 percent they keep with them. So please tell me all the businesses that I have mentioned above are legal? And please suggest me shall I continue in this business as I am not seeing anything illegal in this business.

    Answer ID: 54304

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 1285/1282/N=10/1435) (1) If the company is doing business of gold, textiles and mineral water in legal way then it is lawful and halal without any doubt. You should enquire regarding the procedure of the company by authentic sources. (2) If you share the company both in profit and loss, not only in profit and the profit is fixed by percentage then the business appears to be lawful. Hence there is no need to quit it.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India