• Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question ID: 45260Country: Bangladesh

Title: Difference between Taraweeh salah and Tahjjud salah during Ramadan.

Question: Some Ahl Hadith people reject tarawih during the month of Ramadan and say that the rakah of tahajjud salah is increased up to 20 and after witr salah no salah is allowed. Actually they claim that tahajjud and tarawih is same and I am pretty confused about this because Ramadan is coming and I would love to pray at night. So can tahajjud be prayed after tarawih and witr during Ramadan? Please give references for your answers.

(Fatwa: 730/B-148/TB=1434) It is mentioned in hadith that the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) did not offer more than eight rakah in Ramadan and other days. If this eight rakah is taken as tarawih then what about the tahajjud salah of the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم)? Also tarawih is not offered in days other than Ramadan. Tahajjud salah may be offered after tarawih. If you want to know more details then study the book “Rakaat-e-Tarawih” by Muhaddith-e-Kabir Hadhrat Maulana Habibur Rahman Azami (رحمة الله).