• Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question ID: 40341Country: India

Title: I am working as lecturer in Kanpur where I have been provided with accommodation

Question: I am working as lecturer in Kanpur where I have been provided with accommodation. I live there with my family. My familial home is in Lucknow (distance 90 km). I go to my home, from Kanpur to Lucknow every Saturday with my family and return to Kanpur on Monday. I want to know if I will offer Qasr salah while in Kanpur or while in Lucknow.

(Fatwa: 635/652/N=1433) The distance between Lucknow and Kanpur is less than 77.25 kms and Lucknow is your native place; hence you shall offer complete salah in Lucknow and Kanpur in the question mentioned above and you cannot do qasr. Yes, if you go Kanpur by such a rout in which the distance between Kanpur and Lucknow is at least 77.25 kms then in such case you shall be musafir in Kanpur and do qasr, provided you do not intend to stay there fifteen days or more. So it is mentioned in the book of Fatawa.