• Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question ID: 11874Country: United States of America

Title: Assalamu alikum, My topic is about salath(namaz), actually i try pray my namaz in masjid but sometimes my roommate force me to make jamath in our house itself so that they can join in jamath. so my issue is, as we get the reward of 25 times more in masjid than at home, so is it right i should make jamath in my house so that even my friends can also join and perform there salath on time -or- else i should go to masjid. If making jamath in house is better then do i get reward of 25 times greater. please help me out. (we are 4 of us in our house. Moreover there are two reason to say our prayers in our home 1. it too much cold out side sometimes it goes upto -10 to -20 oC and other is everbody are tired of long day work) thanks for u r service.

Question: Assalamu alikum, My topic is about salath(namaz), actually i try pray my namaz in masjid but sometimes my roommate force me to make jamath in our house itself so that they can join in jamath. so my issue is, as we get the reward of 25 times more in masjid than at home, so is it right i should make jamath in my house so that even my friends can also join and perform there salath on time -or- else i should go to masjid. If making jamath in house is better then do i get reward of 25 times greater. please help me out. (we are 4 of us in our house. Moreover there are two reason to say our prayers in our home 1. it too much cold out side sometimes it goes upto -10 to -20 oC and other is everbody are tired of long day work) thanks for u r service.

(Fatwa: 516/382=L/1430)

It is not right to make a habit of performing salah at home with Jama?at. If by chance the salah of mosque is missed, one can perform it with Jama?at at home. By performing at home, one will get the reward of Jama?at but not that of mosque. Therefore, you should not make a habit of performing salah at home and convince your friend too to visit and perform the salah in mosque.