• Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question ID: 10768Country: United States of America

Title: Assalam-o-Alaikum Bhai, Alhamdulilah i am a revert. I have Alhamdulilah reverted back a year ago. I am having a fear in my heart tht i missed my namaz fr many years. And it is a duty(farz) of every muslim to offer namaz. I have fear in my heart. Please give me mushwara. JazakAllah Khair. And pray for me. Allah Hafiz!

Question: Assalam-o-Alaikum Bhai, Alhamdulilah i am a revert. I have Alhamdulilah reverted back a year ago. I am having a fear in my heart tht i missed my namaz fr many years. And it is a duty(farz) of every muslim to offer namaz. I have fear in my heart. Please give me mushwara. JazakAllah Khair. And pray for me. Allah Hafiz!

(Fatwa: 164/149=L/1429)

Yes, salah is obligatory on every mature Muslim; therefore you should start praying salah. Have an estimation of the number of salah missed, then start praying one missed salah with each salah, thus gradually you can perform all the missed prayers. And, when starting the missed prayer, make an intention that you are performing the first or the last missed prayer. May Allah enable us all to pray perfect salah!