• Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question ID: 10575Country: India

Title: I am working in Saudi, when I go to Umrah, I used to pray Maghrib and Isha on the way. I have to pray both salah at its scheduled time but peoples here praying Maghrib & Isha together as per shafai maslak, Now If I want to pray Maghrib but other peoples praying Isha salah ba Jamat. My question is, Can I pray behind them making my niyah as Maghrib.

Question: I am working in Saudi, when I go to Umrah, I used to pray Maghrib and Isha on the way. I have to pray both salah at its scheduled time but peoples here praying Maghrib & Isha together as per shafai maslak, Now If I want to pray Maghrib but other peoples praying Isha salah ba Jamat. My question is, Can I pray behind them making my niyah as Maghrib.

(Fatwa: 249/222=B/1429)

In following an imam, it is necessary that the muqtadi and imam have same intention, so following imam praying Isha with the intention of Maghrib is not right, the salah will be invalid.