• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

    Question ID: 45594Country: India

    Title: Flat required on own choice

    Question: I live in Bombay. My friend has to ask for that, he is living in slum area. The government has demolished and made building on that area and going to be allotted one flat serially for every person. I want to take my flat on own choice, but for this purpose government official wants to take money as "rishwat". I have money of "interest". May I give this money to government official for own choice to allot the flat. Please reply.

    Answer ID: 45594

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 867/867/M=1434) It is not allowed to give interest money to government officials as bribe.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India