• Miscellaneous >> Others

    Question ID: 46257Country: India


    Question: My daughter, an adult age 22, married to a Hindu boy after accepting his religion and running with him, without my knowledge and permission, after the marriage I and my wife persuaded her to not leave Islam and return home, which she has rejected. Now she is pregnant from that Hindu boy. What does Islam order me to do in this matter? What is my responsibility in this case?

    Answer ID: 46257

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 1198/301/TB=9/1434) Try your best to get her back home to possible extent through the intervention of police. If you have made every possible effort, you may leave her. You must have been careless in his upbringing; otherwise she must not have gone to such extent. However, you should make every possible effort to get her back to Islam.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India