• Prayers & Duties >> Oaths & Vows

    Question ID: 45668Country: India

    Title: Swear(KASAM) of Allah

    Question: This is Imran from Pune. A couple of days back I have taken swear (KASAM) of Allah (SWT) on one thing that is "I will not talk with my parents in front of my wife" but I broken that. Now I want to pay the kaffarah for that. Can you please let me know what is the easiest way to do that.

    Answer ID: 45668

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 825/647/H=1434) (1) Feed ten poor persons two times full stomach. (2) Or buy medium quality wheat and give each poor person 1633.00 gram. (3) Or give the price of 1633.00 gram wheat to each one. Then your kaffarah of swearing shall be paid. Note: And if someone does not have the capacity to do so, he should keep three fasts constantly. (N)

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India