• Social Matters >> Nikah (Marriage)

Question ID: 8414Country: United States of America

Title: As Salaam Mu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah, Is it okay for a 'Syed' (decendent of the Prophet SAW) Muslim Girl to marry an non-Syed (I heard it's better to marry a Syed) or is it better to marry a Syed? What's the complete Masla? Also, what is the ruling on a wife calling her husband by his name? Is it permissible or is it a sin or is it just better not to do so? JazakAllah Was Salaam

Question: As Salaam Mu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah, Is it okay for a 'Syed' (decendent of the Prophet SAW) Muslim Girl to marry an non-Syed (I heard it's better to marry a Syed) or is it better to marry a Syed? What's the complete Masla? Also, what is the ruling on a wife calling her husband by his name? Is it permissible or is it a sin or is it just better not to do so? JazakAllah Was Salaam

(Fatwa: 2035/1663=H/1429)

If the guardian marries a syed girl with a non-syed boy then it is lawful and valid.