• Social Matters >> Nikah (Marriage)

Question ID: 16914Country: India

Title: Hi ASSALAMALAIKUM, one of my friend is looking his life partner,she is very religious,good and he is interested to marry(NIKAH) her. but she is elder than him as per certificates, but her parents are saying the date of birth is wrongly entered in certificates , as per KHURAN this NIKAH is acceptable or not. Please give all details. Please help him.I would be very grateful to you for helping him . Thank you very much. Allah hafiz.

Question: Hi ASSALAMALAIKUM, one of my friend is looking his life partner,she is very religious,good and he is interested to marry(NIKAH) her. but she is elder than him as per certificates, but her parents are saying the date of birth is wrongly entered in certificates , as per KHURAN this NIKAH is acceptable or not. Please give all details. Please help him.I would be very grateful to you for helping him . Thank you very much. Allah hafiz.

(Fatwa: 1746/1366/L=1430)

Being the girl younger than boy is not necessary for marriage. It is also right for a boy to marry an older girl. Therefore, if really that girl is older than the boy, the Nikah is valid with her as well. The holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم married first time with Hadhrat Khadija  رضى الله تعالى عنهاwhen the holy Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was 25 years old and Hadhrat Khadija رضى الله تعالى عنها was 40 years old.