• Miscellaneous >> Islamic Names

Question ID: 19955Country: Pakistan

Title: My name is zertashia.My maslak is hanafi deobandi.I have recently come to know from one of the islamic websites that "ZERTASHIT" was jammat of mushrikeen.Is that true?As my name is zertashia and it resembles a lot with that of zertashit.Is my name correct islamically or not? Should i change my name or let it remain the same?Please guide me in the light of Quran and Sunnah.

Question: ASSALAM O ALAIKUM. My name is zertashia.My maslak is hanafi deobandi.I have recently come to know from one of the islamic websites that "ZERTASHIT" was jammat of mushrikeen.Is that true?As my name is zertashia and it resembles a lot with that of zertashit.Is my name correct islamically or not? Should i change my name or let it remain the same?Please guide me in the light of Quran and Sunnah.

(Fatwa: 336/336/M=1431)

It is written in the dictionary Firozul Lughat that Zertasht was the renowned Persia philosopher, prophet of Zoroastrians and founder of Zoroastrianism; therefore you are advised to change your name, it is better for you.