• Transactions & Dealings >> Interest & Insurance

    Question ID: 44251Country: India

    Title: tax deducted at source

    Question: I am a government employee and my tax is deducted at source i.e. in my salary. Can by niyat (intention) I use the interest money of my bank account as a compensation for the tax deducted directly from my salary. I have read that interest money can be used for paying the tax but in my case tax is directly being deducted from my salary.

    Answer ID: 44251

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 564/459/B=1434) One can pay the interest money in non-Shariah taxes; it is allowable as per the Shariah.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India