• Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

    Question ID: 65593Country: India

    Title: Share of daughter in father's property

    Question: After death of my father I had given share of my sister in my father's property but after two years my sister returned the share amount and she is not ready to accept her share amount. My question is now what should I do, whether my haq is over or not.

    Answer ID: 65593

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 861/949/L=08/1437)

    If the sister she has returned the amount to you merely due to ignominy or the current viewpoint that “the girl does not have the right to stay in the house of her late father and brother after taking her share”, ” and then you should give the amount back to your sister and make everything clear to her that it is her due rights which you have given and that you shall treat her like a sister as before giving the amount. If, after making all these points clear to your sister, she returns all or some amount with her consent then it shall be allowable for you to keep it.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India