• Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

    Question ID: 51636Country: India

    Title: property

    Question: My father is having one commercial room and one vacant place achieved from his father. My father and mother are alive. Now my parents are interested to share the property among three sons. What is the process? Please do needful.

    Answer ID: 51636

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 641/519/B=05/1435) The division of father’s property during his lifetime among the children is called hiba; hence the scholars of fiqh have written that it is better to give equal share to all whether male or female in his property and make them its owner.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India