• Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

    Question ID: 51185Country: India

    Title: Property shares if father is alive

    Question: My father is a rich man and presently I am very weak financially. I wanted to know can I ask my father to hand over my share in his property as I am very much in need of that share.

    Answer ID: 51185

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 475/475/M=04/1435) You have no share in your father’s property in his lifetime; therefore you cannot claim it as your right, but you can request your father for the same properly by citing your need. Moreover, if Allah has bestowed you father with sufficient wealth, he should also take care of his children. It is charity to spend wealth on one’s near and dear ones.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India