• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Question ID: 8966Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: One of my banks charges a fixed amount yearly for crdit card and ATM card as a service charge and also they deduct certain amount if monthly balance becomes lower than a minimum limit. This bank does not pay interest on any amount. My other bank pays interest, the question is; whether I can pay all the above mentioned charges of first bank from the Interest received from second bank.

Question: One of my banks charges a fixed amount yearly for crdit card and ATM card as a service charge and also they deduct certain amount if monthly balance becomes lower than a minimum limit. This bank does not pay interest on any amount. My other bank pays interest, the question is; whether I can pay all the above mentioned charges of first bank from the Interest received from second bank.

(Fatwa: 2195/2017=D/1429)

(1) Pay the service charge from your own money and try to keep the minimum required amount in the account so that no interest is charged to you.

(2) Please, explain whether the owner of the banks is same or different?