• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Question ID: 5604Country: ZA

Title: Is it pemissible for muslim to keep TV in the hous?discribe some harm of the TV in the roshni of quran n hadith?if i have TV in my house what soud i suppose to do?plz let me know harm for person who watch TV?

Question: assalamu alaykum is it pemissible for muslim to keep TV in the hous?discribe some harm of the TV in the roshni of quran n hadith?if i have TV in my house what soud i suppose to do?plz let me know harm for person who watch TV?

(Fatwa: 791/682=B-1429)

Television is an instrument of entertainment and sport. There are presented nude and arousing pictures and indecent matters. The programmes screened over there go absolutely against the Islamic Shariah. Today, television is the sole factor behind the evils prevailing in the society. Therefore, due to all these evils, watching television is unlawful.