• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

    Question ID: 51265Country: Pakistan

    Title: To assign someone in place of oneself for a government job?

    Question: My sister is a primary school teacher and married to a textile engineer. His working post was in the native village here in Swabi Khyber Pakhtunkhwa while the job place of her husband is some 500 kilometres away in the city of Sheikhupura in Punjab. To continue the job further is now becoming difficult for her. She had taken a leave and that is finishing now. She has the option of either to leave the job or then to someone assign on his place and give him half or even more of the pay and thus reserve this post for herself. IS doing this right? I will be too thankful to you for answering me about this.

    Answer ID: 51265

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 464/464/M=04/1435) As per the question mentioned above, when your sister’s husband is alive then he is responsible for her expenses, and being an engineer he will be having a handsome earning as well; therefore it is unnecessary for her to do job. She should leave the job especially when it is becoming difficult for her to continue it. It is wrong to appoint someone else on the agreement of half of the salary or more.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India