• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

    Question ID: 45095Country: Saudi Arabia

    Title: Using earnings of unmarried daughter who is on your responsibility

    Question: I am Indian working in Saudi. My sponsor (in who's name I am in this country) forcibly asks me to leave my job where I was and join his company despite my being reluctant. However, in 3 months he fires me out and I am jobless. He asks me to teach his young kids at home (probably to ease me out) as I was jobless for months that I complained. After passage of one year he asks me if my daughter could teach his daughter and then when I take her and start classes he asks my daughter and not me to teach as it was his home where the kids were learning. Now because of my financial situation and after I get confirmation from an Aalim I am using the money for home and family. My daughter and wife think that this is not fair on my part. While the fee my sponsor pays no one get that much. Besides, because of the hijab climate prevailing in his house I allowed my daughter to teach. Being wali of my unmarried daughter and fostering her as my child can I use this money for the household or not?

    Answer ID: 45095

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 718/B-136/TB=1434) In the above mentioned case, the sponsor who gives more tuition fee is in recognition of your daughter’s work, there is no harm in accepting it. You can meet your house expenses with this money by the permission of your daughter.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India