• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Question ID: 32846Country: United Kingdom

Title: Working for a financial planning instituition

Question: I hope this email finds you in the best of health and Imaan. I am considering working for an instituition in a middle eastern Muslim country, and the core activities of the business are financial planning - the main source of income for the business would be commission based on sales of insurance, pensions, investments and other such products. Would the income as an employee of such an instituition be regarded as lawful? The owner of the company is Muslim, furthermore the services they offer cover both western practices as well as Muslim. Jazak'Allah for your efforts to bring to to light the best of Islam. And may Allah swt grant you and your family the best of both worlds in return for your ongoing efforts to assist humanity - AMEEN!

(Fatwa: 997/834/B=1432) We cannot have any Shariah rulings until we do not receive the detail of the work on western pattern. However, the work you would do through insurance shall be unlawful definitely.