• Miscellaneous >> Halal & Haram

Question ID: 28636Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: I hope you are very well. I have a question. During my collage days there was rule that each student should have 70% attendance in all subjects. Once it happened that my attendance was short for one subject and I gave one gift (Pen & a diary) to one clerk and then he marked my attendance as full in that subject. One of my friend is telling me that due to this gift process your Degree is wrong (Harram) & your income from this job is also Harram. I am working in a private company in Saudi Arabia Please guide in light of Islam, is above statement of my friend is correct that all my income is Harram?

Question: AOA, I hope you are very well. I have a question. During my collage days there was rule that each student should have 70% attendance in all subjects. Once it happened that my attendance was short for one subject and I gave one gift (Pen & a diary) to one clerk and then he marked my attendance as full in that subject. One of my friend is telling me that due to this gift process your Degree is wrong (Harram) & your income from this job is also Harram. I am working in a private company in Saudi Arabia Please guide in light of Islam, is above statement of my friend is correct that all my income is Harram? Best Regards Asif

(Fatwa: 58/44/L=1432)

It is not lawful to get one’s attendance marked by giving gift to the clerk. However, the degree, which you earned or the employment you got and earned money cannot be termed as haram provided you are fulfilling your responsibility well.