• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

    Question ID: 62110Country: Bangladesh

    Title: Badli(alternate) Hajj

    Question: If a man wants to perform Hajj by another person's money whose father is ill because of age, how he will perform Hajj? Tamattu or Ifrad? Please tell. If this person (giving money) tells him (perform Hajj) to do any forms of Hajj and he (perform Hajj) performs Tamattu. Is he (perform Hajj) right or wrong? If wrong, how he will do now?

    Answer ID: 62110

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 57/57/B=01/1437) The person heading for Hajj-e-Badal should perform Ifrad. It is not lawful for him to offer Tamattu. However, if the person who is sending allows him clearly to offer Tamattu then it is allowable. Hadhrat Mufti Muhammad Shafi, may Allah have mercy upon him, has detailed it in Jawahir al-Fiqh with reference.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India