• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

    Question ID: 61752Country: Bangladesh

    Title: Hajj E Badal

    Question: Due to small children, my wife could not perform her fardh Hajj. So I want to perform Hajj-e-Badal on her behalf who is alive and healthy. I have already performed my fardh Hajj. I want to know if I perform Hajj-e-Badal on her behalf who is alive and healthy, will she get the sawab of fardh Hajj. In other words, will this be accepted as a fardh Hajj from her side.

    Answer ID: 61752

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 778/778/SD=01/1437) A woman is allowed to delay performing hajj due to minor child but if she is of sound health and able to perform hajj then it is not lawful to ask someone to perform Hajj-e-Badal on her behalf. Hence in the question mentioned above when your wife is alive and healthy and Hajj has become fardh on her and she herself is able to perform Hajj then merely due to the child it shall not be lawful for you to offer Hajj-e-Badal on her behalf. Yes if there is some problem regarding the care of the child then it is allowable to delay the hajj. والوالد الصغير المحتاج إليه عذر في التخلف مريضاً كان أو لم يكن . (غنية الناسب، ص: 10، مقدمة في تعريف الحج و ما يتعلق به ، ط: مكتبه يادگار شيخ)

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India