• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

    Question ID: 55995Country: India

    Title: Hajj-e-badal -- Farz sawab or Nafl Sawab

    Question: I want to perform Hajj on behalf of my late mother. I have already performed my fardh Hajj. I want to know if I perform Hajj-e-Badal on behalf of my late mother, will she get the sawab of a fardh Hajj or a nafl Hajj. In other words, will this be accepted as a fardh Hajj from her side in Allah's Bargah.

    Answer ID: 55995

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 1486/1486/M=01/1436) If you want to perform Hajj on behalf of your mother with your sole consent whereas it is not fardh or your mother has not made a will for the same then also you may do it. It shall be a nafl Hajj and your mother shall get reward of a nafl Hajj.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India