• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

    Question ID: 44842Country: India

    Title: Hajj and Umrah

    Question: I want to perform Hajj. I am retired person myself and my wife dependents on my son's income, my son is arranging ticket etc but my married daughter who is employed in Govt. job also interested to contribute money for us from her own income, whether it is possible for me to take her contribution for performing the Hajj. Please guide.

    Answer ID: 44842

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 651/511/D=1434) If the income source of your son is halal and he arranges for the hajj of you and your wife then you may go for hajj, it is very good. According to Shariah it is not desirable for a girl to do a job. Yet, if she is doing any lawful job (i.e. she is not doing the job in a bank etc) then her salary is halal and the daughter herself is its owner. If she gives some money to you seeking your pleasure then you may accept it, there is no harm in it.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India