• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

    Question ID: 44709Country: India

    Title: Hajj Badal

    Question: My father-in-law passed away last month and he performed Umrah in June 2012. My in-laws want to do Hajj-e-Badal for my father-in-law (marhoom). Do we have to send a person who is Haji? Can we send a person who is doing hajj for the first time? Please reply back to me as soon as possible.

    Answer ID: 44709

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 610/484/D=1434) It is far better to send such a person who has already performed hajj and is well aware of the rulings of hajj. It is makrooh tahrimi to send such a person who has not performed hajj while it was fardh on him. But if hajj was not fardh on him then it is not better to send him, though hajj shall be valid.

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India