• Prayers & Duties >> Hajj & Umrah

Question ID: 12115Country: United Arab Emirates

Title: In 2008 my parents went for Hajj, i bought tickets for them from my credit card, but unfortunately i was not able to pay on time and i got intrest on it and i am really upset for it so what should i do as till time i have not let them know that i got intrest on the amount from which i bought tickets,and i am afraid tht will it make any difference in their hajj due to my mistake. i want to clear this matter as i feel i am guilty. plz help me.

Question: In 2008 my parents went for Hajj, i bought tickets for them from my credit card, but unfortunately i was not able to pay on time and i got intrest on it and i am really upset for it so what should i do as till time i have not let them know that i got intrest on the amount from which i bought tickets,and i am afraid tht will it make any difference in their hajj due to my mistake. i want to clear this matter as i feel i am guilty. plz help me.

(Fatwa: 611/441=L/1430)

The hajj of your parents was valid and complete, but you will have the sin of giving interest.