• Social Matters >> Education & Upbringing

    Question ID: 45618Country: AF

    Title: family shifting to Non- Muslim countries

    Question: My sister’s husband wants to shift his family (my sister and her children) to America while America is the most non-Islamic city in the world. I am afraid of them to be convert to the non-Muslim culture while they are almost less than 13 years and studying Islamic School here in Kandahar so should he do it or not? Will he be responsible if his children leave Islam or do illegal actions or not? Should he do this or not?

    Answer ID: 45618

    Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim !

    (Fatwa: 1138/395/TL=9/1434) In the case mentioned above, when the condition of America is extremely unpleasant and it is sure that the children will be affected by the culture if they are shifted there, then your brother in law should not take such initiative. If your brother in law does so and ultimately the children leave Islam or involve in sins, your brother in law will also be responsible. It is the duty of parents to give the children good name and proper education and upbringing: قال رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم: من ولد لہ ولد فلیحسن اسمہ وأدبہ فإذا بلغ فلیزوجہ فإن بلغ و لم یزوجہ فأصاب إثما فإنما إثمہ علی أبیہ “Whoever has a child, he should give him good name and upbringing. And he should be married when he reaches his age. If he reached his age and was not married and he committed any sin, then his father will share the sin.”

    Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

    Darul Ifta,

    Darul Uloom Deoband, India