• Prayers & Duties >> Zakat & Charity

Question ID: 7522Country: India

Title: I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT EPF? IS EPF CALCULATE AT JAKAT? THE EPF IS COMPELSORY DEDUCTED FROM EMPLOYEE I ALSO WANT TO KNOW ABOUT JAKAT PLEASE TELL DETAIL CLARIFAYING ABOUT JAKAT.

Question: I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT EPF? IS EPF CALCULATE AT JAKAT? THE EPF IS COMPELSORY DEDUCTED FROM EMPLOYEE I ALSO WANT TO KNOW ABOUT JAKAT PLEASE TELL DETAIL CLARIFAYING ABOUT JAKAT.

Answer ID: 7522Posted on: Sep 1, 2020

(Fatwa: 1721/263=TB/1429)

There is no Zakah on the provident fund which is deducted from the salary of the employees, when you will possess that amount then you will have to give Zakah of it. Those, who possess cash or jewels or commodity equal to the price of 612.360 gm silver, it is obligatory on him to pay fortieth part (2.5%) of the remaining wealth yearly, and this is called zakah.

Under the subject of zakah, there are many other rulings, so in future you can ask questions which you wish to know.