Social Matters >> Rights & Etiquettes

Question # : 45671


I am the only son of my parents. I work in Nasik. My parents live in Erando. I live with my wife. Before a year there were some clashes between my parents and my wife’s parents. After that she went to her home. I bring her from her home to Nasik. We lived good life but my parents need my help as well my wife’s help as they are ill. I wanted to make all normal so I told my wife to call my mother while my mom gone through a little accident and found fracture in hand but she refused it. I warned her that if she did not make a call I will break relation with her. Still she is not ready to talk with them. As I mentioned earlier I am the only son of my parents so all responsibilities of my parents are on me. She also refused to do khidmah of them while they are ill, aged. She even does not take my order serious. What I had o do now. Sometimes I think about suicide. What is the solution of this problem in the light of the holy Quran and Hadith.

Answer : 45671

Published on: Jun 4, 2013

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 913/579/L=1434)

The khidmah of your parents is not necessary on your wife. Hence if your wife denies to serve your parents then you cannot force her to do so. However, it is the responsibility of your wife to consider your parents as her own parents and serve them, but if she does not agree for the same then you should have some other arrangement for the service of your parents. You cannot force your wife for their service.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question