Miscellaneous >> Others

United States of America

asslamu aleykum, 1.) If you are praying behind an Imam in salaah and he takes the name of Muhammad (sallaho alayhe wa salaam) or anyother messenger are we allowed to say "Alayhis Salaam" in salaah? Will this break our salaah if we say it? 2.) My parents were instructed by an amil to send pictures of all the family members to him so he can cure black magic. When my parents tried to take my picture i refused, and my parents got angry. Did i act according to shariah? What should i have done?

Published on: Oct 29, 2007

(Fatwa: 626/613=D)

(1) This should not be said in salah as this may invalidate it:

قال فی الدر: سمع اسم اللہ تعالی فقال جل جلالہ النبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم فصلی علیہ ۔۔۔ تفسدان قصد جوابہ (الشامی: 1/459)

(2) It is not allowed to take a photograph or allow anyone to take your photograph except in exigent situations. You are right in denying the same. Try to convince you father and get his pleasure.