Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 27051


Dear Mufti Saheb, My husband passed away leaving behind a house. I have 2 sons and 1 daughter anh my mother-in-law. The house still continues to be in my late husband's name. I intend to transfer the entire house in my name with the due consent of all the legal heirs. Let me know how I should get this thing done. Secondly I have received Life Insurance money of my late husband which I wish to donate in charity for the sake of Esal-e-Sawab for my late husband. Is it OK to do so. Jazakallah, Mrs Rahmath Banu,

Answer : 27051

Published on: Oct 30, 2010

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1597/1597/M=1431)


(1) If all the heirs are mature and each one gives his or her shares to you happily then you can register the whole house in your name otherwise not.

(2) Whatever capital amount your husband deposited, it became inheritance after his death and each heir has right in the inheritance. Hence, if all the heirs are mature and they allow happily the amount to be spent in isal-e-sawab of the deceased, then you can do so, otherwise you can only give in charity the amount of your share. And give the amount of interest in charity to poor and needy ones without the intention of reward. No isal-e-sawab is valid with it.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question