Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 26411


my relative has 1 daughter and his wife is alive too,he has five brothers and 2 sisters one step brother and on step sister, he has a house that he wants to give to his daughter after his death. What will be the shariah way of doing so?

Answer : 26411

Published on: Oct 7, 2010

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1798/1428/B=1431)

Your relative is the owner of his property until he is alive. If he wants to gift his house to his daughter, he can do so. In order to give the house to his daughter, he should register the house in her name and give it in her possession fully and make her its owner by withdrawing himself from this house. If you did not do so, half of your house would go from your possession.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question