Transactions & Dealings >> Inheritance & Will

Question # : 169


If a muslim woman marries a Hindu, but does not change her religion, and her children are non-Muslims, will she get her share in the matrooka of her father as per Sharia?

Answer : 169

Published on: Apr 24, 2007

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 381/J)


A Muslim woman can not marry a Hindu man; Allah says in the Holy Quran: And, do not marry unbelieving women --- nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe. (Surah Baqrah, 221).


Therefore, they may not be halal for each other after having marriage and their marital relation will be regarded as adultery and prohibited. But, such a Muslim woman will not be considered as kafir by only marrying a Hindi man; therefore she will inherit from the property of her father.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question