Prayers & Duties / Hajj & Umrah
- I am going for Hajj on the 11th of Nov, but I will be in the middle of menstruation, what should I do, a) Shall i wear the ihram ? b) After reaching Mecca I will be in the same state, how will I open my Ihram without doing tawaf and sayee. c) if after getting cleaned shall I have to go to mikat again, wear ihram and make neeyat again or just wear the ihram from the hotel and do tawaf and sayee. Please instruct me as I have read several books and articles but cannot get a satisfactory answer. ( Nov 7, 2010 )
- Honorable & Respected Ulema E community, I am an Indian from Bangalore, Now working in Saudi Arabia. I would like to know if it is permissible and can I perform umraah during the time of Haj, I mean I will have holidays from the 09-12-1431H to 13-12-1431H (15-11-2010 to 19-11-2010). Please note that I will not be performing Haj. I only intend to do Umraahs in the names of my grand parents (Dada & Dadi) on 09-12-1431H & 10-12-1431H (i.e., On the day of Arafah and on the day of Eid). Your reply is highly desired and appreciated. ( Oct 13, 2010 )
- I live in Jeddah with my wife. We went to perform Umra. We completed the Tawaf and Saee. After that, my wife wanted to cut her hair herself but I told her that only someone who has already got Halaqa can cut your hair. She waited for me so I can get my haircut and then cut her hair. After I had my Haircut, we discovered we did not have a scissors to cut her hair. We thought we can go home (Jeddah) and do that.
Once we returned home, we kissed each other. Immediately after, she remembered that she needed to cut her hair. Now, please advise us if we should give any "Dum" having done this? If so, what should it be? and can we give Dum back in Pakistan where people need it the most? ( Oct 23, 2010 )
- My mothers & my application has been selected for Haj this year 2010.
My mother who is 64 yrs has Urinary problem & she cannot with hold for long period due to Knee joint problems & some times urinates in the clothes.Can she use adult diapers & complete her Haj.
I donot have money for Haj, can I borrow money interest free from other than Muslim & complete our Haj & repay them ( Oct 19, 2010 )
- While performing hajj, can a menstruating woman can perform the hajj rituals? ( Oct 7, 2010 )
- My question is keeping qarza we can do urmrha or not? ( Oct 3, 2010 )
- Insha Allah this year myself and my wife are going for Haj Pilgrimage. As Haqeeqah was not done for my wife by her parents so far, kindly let me know whether it is compulsory for her to do haqeeqah, (slaughtering one sheep) before proceeding for Haj pilgrimage. Also it will be helpful for us if you provide more information regarding Haj. ( Sep 22, 2010 )
- I am going for umrah catching a flight from mumbai to jeddah via yemen(sana) ......can i wear ihram in yemen ( Aug 18, 2010 )
- aid intends to go for Haj along with her mother. But Zaid's wife(Rashidah) insists her husband not to go for any one of the following reasons.
1. Rashidah fears that her mother in law (Zaid's mother) would pass away due to her sickness.
2. Rashidah feels that she herself will not be more if she would stay without her husband.(Like more conservative women feel in India)
Now Zaid is capable to bear the expenses for two. For him and for her mother. So in such case what should Zaid do? Whether he should go for Haj with her mother or not. And all advices failed to convince Rashida. ( Sep 21, 2010 )
- I am going for umrah next week, and my question is my ustaad (teacher) asked me to do one umrah for him too, does that mean i have to trim my hair to about 1 inch twice? Also im planning to do more than one umrah because ill be there for bout 4 weeks, wat should I do about my hair (i mite not have any after about 3 umarahs)? ( Aug 24, 2010 )
- I went for umrah. before performing i forget to make wazo. but i pour water on hole body. after that i did tawaf and saee and halaq. whether my umrah is right? if not what i wil have to do? ( Aug 1, 2010 )
- Hajj expense with my wife comes to rs.3.25 lacs. Can I Do hajj(with my wife) by managing fiannace as follows :
Rs.1.50 lacs my saving
Rs.1.00 lacs by sold out of jwellery of my wife
Rs.0.75 lacs by borrowing from my friend(interest free)
Is Hajj is Farz on me in above condition?
( Jul 24, 2010 )
- During umrah or hajj, how much hair does a female required to cut? Also, if a woman is performing umrah and she gets on her period a) during tawaf is her umrah accepted b) if she gets on her period after tawaf right before going to safa and marwah is her umrah accepted? ( Jul 22, 2010 )
- I did umra with very short hair. After that I went to the barber shop and he trimmed my hair. He didnot shave it. Since the hair was very short - so the trimming finished fast because only little hair could be cut. So, is there dam on me? Please explain ( Jul 22, 2010 )
- Is it obligetory to do Tawaf - e - wida
1.While returning from Umrah?
2.If some one period(MC) start at time of returning what she can do?.
3. If she is sure that she will get MC at that time what she should do? ( Jul 22, 2010 )
- I am planning to do umrah with my wife,if her period(MC) comes before we leave for umrah
1.Can she travel without intenion of umrah and stay in Makkah till completion of period and after completion of MC how she has to do umrah(From which place she has to go into ehram?
2.In this MC period upto what distance she can go-Can she go upto gate of Haram building or she has to stay on road on boundery of open space outside of haram? ( Jul 21, 2010 )
- We want to go to perform umrah but i doubt that my wife may have Menstrual Cycles (Monthly Period)during that time. actually we can not avoid to go during those days. What is fatwa for this case? ( Jul 21, 2010 )
- I want to ask a question about Halaque ( shaving hair of head) is it necessary for a Man who is doing umrah? is it permissible for a man to shorten his hair after umrah. if a man shorten his hair not shaved, has he completed umrah or uncompleted or is there any kind of charity etc? ( Jul 20, 2010 )
- I am working in Jubail, K.S.A. Last year I performed Haj along with the Dawah Center of Jubail with Tashree (Permission to Perform Haj from Saudi Government. I had a small doubt i.e. as we are performing Haje-E-Tamattu. We performed Umrah and then they alloted accomodation in Muzadalifa and they are calling as extension mena. during Haj We have to stay in Mena and perform Salah in mena but we are in muzdalifa, so it is permissible to stay in extension mena and offer salah. Please advise what to do. ( Jul 20, 2010 )
- I am living in Saudi Arabia. Can I perform more than one UMRAH in a same day when i go to umrah. and if i want to perform umrah for my grandfather who already passed it is valid. and also can i perform umrah for live people.if more than one umrah allowed than after each umrah i have to save my head.? please guide me. ( Jul 20, 2010 )