Prayers & Duties >> Zakat & Charity

Question # : 4665

Saudi Arabia

My Big Father (Taya) is in Pakistan he has Three childeren 2 boys and one girl. He is retired and ill. He has one own house recently purchased with some Credit. His son 24 yrs doing job private and helping to the family, He wants to go to gulf for this he needs some money for the visa. I have some amount with me for Zakath, can I give him, I think he is (my Brother)not saheb-e-nisaab.

Answer : 4665

Published on: Jul 2, 2008

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 604/564=L/1429)


If your brother is poor (not possessing wealth equal to nisab) then you can give zakah amount to him.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question