Social Matters >> Women's Issues

My wife had delivered baby 7 months now by C-section. Now again she is conceiving and its 8-9 weeks now but we are afraid that this would lead to severe complication as discussed with gyneo. She advised to abort but when I insisted her for pregnancy continuation she warned me about the complication like rupture and many other complication that could cause death of baby. Please advice whether to carry out the pregnancy or not.

Published on: Sep 12, 2015

(Fatwa: 1153/915/D=11/1436)

According to the detail provided in the question when eight months have passed over the pregnancy then now it is not allowable to abort it as per the Shariah. The danger about which the doctors fright you ie the death of the child, it might happen in abortion as well. Rather abortion is like killing the child with own hands. It is also that in case the child dies naturally there is no sin on man while in killing by abortion the man shall be sinful of murder.