I am a person who really loves to read, to write, to learn and to work, Alhamdulillah. When I started practicing Islam, I made a lot of effort for my religion and I became the best pupil of my Imam (my Imam has also tasawwuf Ilm). I love knowledge very much and I want to have more of it. Now I heard that there are many Sufis who get knowledge (Islamic and worldly) from Allah (SWT) directly without reading or writing. Allah (SWT) put the knowledge directly in their heads. Now my questions are as follows:
(1) What can I do to become the most intelligent person in the world?
(2) What can I do to get knowledge directly from Allah (SWT) like the Sufis? Is there any tasawwuf Ilm behind their skill? What kind of tasawwuf is it? How can we get this Ilm?
(3) I am very interested in physics and I want to know everything about it and I want to become the most intelligent physician in the world. What can I do to reach my goal in life? I really would do everything to get this knowledge. Is there any dua or other way to reach that goal? I asked my Imam this question; but he did not answer my question very clearly. He just told me the stories of the Sufis who get that knowledge. Dear brothers! Please don't ignore my question. This desire is one of my biggest desires and I really want to have this question get answered. It would hurt me very deep if you did not answer my question clearly.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) We were pleased to learn your keenness towards knowledge and love towards Islam. We are writing a dua, please keep on reading it:
رب زدنى علماً رب انفعنى بما علمتنى وعلمنى ما ينفعنى.
It is mentioned in one hadith:
من عمل بما علم علمه الله علم ما لم يعلم
Whoever practices the knowledge which he has then with its virtue Almighty Allah bestows him the knowledge of the things which he does not know.
Thus you should follow Shariah commandments and sunnah in each and every walk of life. There is no other way except it. If someone says then he is wrong. One should follow Shariah and sunnah for the pleasure of Allah not something else.
(2) Tasawwuf is a part of Islamic sciences in which abject moral i.e. jealousy, rage, pride, lust, love for world etc are removed in the presence of any Shaikh and excellent morals, sincerity, hospitality, love for Allah and His messenger, contentment, consent with qaza, patience, thanks etc are inculcated. As one side of Shariah is connected with apparent practices like Taharah, salah, sawm, dealings, sociality in the same way the other side of Shariah is connected with inner practices which is called tasawwuf and Ehsan.
There is a small book named “Talimuddin” by Hadhrat Hakimul Ummah Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (رحمة الله عليه), you should get and read it.
(3) The answer of the question no 3 is included in the answers no. 1 and 2.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband