Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Assalamo Alaikoom, Hajrat Mufti Saheb. I have just completed the Tarabih salat behind a Hafej Saheb. He did not demanded any money from us but we voluntarily collected some money within ourselves and handed over the same to him. He has accepted the money. I heard that taking money in any form is not allowed in Islam after reciting the Quran in tarabih. Kindly tell me what is the islamic guidance in details in this regards. 1.Should we avoid performing tarabih salat behind a hafij who ask for money or take money when given voluntarily. 2.Is it allowed to give money to a hafij who recite Quran on Tarabih on account of his recitation of Quran. 3.If we don't get a hafij who recite Quran in tarabih without taking or asking money what shouod we do then? With Regards Qutubuddin

Published on: Jan 21, 2008

(Fatwa: 999/946=D)

It is not allowed to pray taraweeh behind such an imam who demands money or who is given money in Ramazan on the occasion of khatm:

قال العینی فی شرح الھدایۃ و یمنع القارئ للدنیا والآخذ والمعطی آثمان۔ آہ، و قد قال العلماء ­ان القاری اذا قرا لاجل المال فلا ثواب لہ )شامی، 5/39(

If there is no hafiz who leads taraweeh without money then the people should pray taraweeh with الم تر کیف (small chapters at the end of the Quran), they will get the reward of taraweeh.