Prayers & Duties >> Salah (Prayer)

Question # : 147865


If someone travels from his residence city to his native village which is e.g. more than 100 km away there he offers four rakats of Zuhr, Asr and Isha, then while retaining to his residing city, he stays for less than 15 days in his wife's village which is e.g. 25/30 km away from his native village then how many rakats he must perform in Zuhr etc?

Answer : 147865

Published on: Feb 14, 2017

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 446/455/H=5/1438)

Your in-laws’ home (house of wife’s parents) is not like a native place for you. However, if the city you are residing in is 25 or 30 kms from the place of in-laws and you go there to stay less than fifteen days, then too you shall offer full salah.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question