Transactions & Dealings >> Other Transactions

salam alikum to all i have two questions first is i am working as accountant and i have to do bank reconilliation that is to check all banking transactions in a year and is it allowable in shariaha and my salary is halal. my second questions is right now where i am working that company is haveing over draft facility and they pay interest on excess amounts which they take from bank and i have to check and pass this interest entries in books of accounts is it allowable for me as iam only a worker not the availer of this interstable loan. please clarify this in view of islamic laws. salam alikum yours brother in islam

Published on: Sep 9, 2007

(Fatwa: 390/387=M)

(1), (2) In Hadith, those were cursed who involve in interest, and among them is one who writes or records interest accounts. So, if the bank system is based on interest you will not be allowed to work there as accountant. Checking interest-based dealings also is like writing which invites curse and amounts to helping in sin. If leaving this work right now may cause you financial problems then you should not leave it until you find a Halal job (allowed resource of income). Keep on seeking forgiveness from Allah and try your best to find a Halal source of income.