Prayers & Duties >> Oaths & Vows

Question # : 14623


Assalam alaikum. My question is if a husband takes a kasam of allah in anger that for a particular time duration he will not have humbistari with his wife and if he breaks it by doing so. what is the thing/amal that he can do to correct this?

Answer : 14623

Published on: Jul 21, 2009

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1087/883=L/1430)


If he had taken oath not to have sexual relation with wife for four months, he is liable to pay kaffarah for his oath.

وحکمہ وقوع طلقۃ بائنۃ إن بر ولزوم الکفارۃ أو الجزاء إن حنث )ملتقی الابحر(، و في مجمع الأنھر: قولہ ولزوم الکفارۃ أي کفارۃ الیمین إذا قال: واللہ لا أقربک أربعۃ أشھر (ملتقی الأبحر مع مجمع الأنھر 2:95)

The kaffarah is feeding ten poor persons for two times or giving them cloth to wear or keeping fast for three days for one who is not able to do the above.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

Related Question