Prayers & Duties >> Jumuah & Eid Prayers

Philippines

This advice I need from Ulama in respect of Friday prayers, tell them, It is country of 5% Muslim and most of them in other province, there is masjid around 15 Km far from my home, but on Friday I am in factory which is almost 50km and nearly 2 hours . Isolated area no public transport and I have no transport to reach the masjid, What I should do, I am quite worried about Friday prayers.

Published on: Dec 30, 2008

(Fatwa: 1233/1233=M/1429)

If the factory you work in is located at a place which does not meet the requirements of Jumuah prayer, then praying Jumuah is not wajib upon you. You should pray Zuhr there with Jamat. You are not asked to travel a distance of 50 km for praying Jumuah. But, if the place fulfils the conditions of praying Jumuah, the factory workers should select a proper place for it and perform it there in congregation. Mosque is not necessary to performing Jumuah.